Travel Restrictions-Permission for Outbound and Inbound travel –Current Statistics
There are 5 main categories whereby permission for outbound travel is decided upon:
- Persons whose travel is as part of the response to the COVID-19 outbreak, including the provision of aid.
- Persons whose travel is essential for the conduct of critical industries and business (including export and import industries).
- Persons who are travelling to receive urgent medical treatment that is not available in Australia.
- Persons who are travelling on urgent and unavoidable personal business.
- On compassionate or humanitarian grounds.
Statistics as of 25 March – 6 May 2020
There were no main categories for inbound travellers:
Statistics as of 2 Feb – 6 May 2020
|Critical Skill – Medical||221||9||230|
|Critical Skill – Other||252||7||259|
|Protection Visa holders||329||34||363|
Disclaimer: The information provided is not legal advice and is not intended to serve as legal advice. Immigration Solutions Lawyers do not accept any liability for any damages suffered by persons who rely on the general information provided on this website. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.