Important information to know when seeking help with a visa application

Posted on March 25, 2021 by Benson Shi
From 22 March 2021, new legislation will take effect meaning that an Australian legal practitioner (lawyer) will be able to provide immigration assistance in connection with legal practice. This means that a lawyer may lawfully provide immigration assistance without being a registered migration agent. As a result of these changes, lawyers will no longer appear on the Office of Migration Agents Registration Authority’s Register. 
For more information visit:
Post 22 March, Consumers will be able to choose between:
  1. An Accredited Immigration Specialist Lawyer who holds an unrestricted Australian Practising Certificate (ALPC)
  2. Immigration Lawyers who hold an unrestricted ALPC
  3. Lawyer who holds an Unrestricted ALPC
  4. Restricted ALPC holders working under supervision of Unrestricted ALPC holder
  5. Registered Migration Agents (RMAs)