Moving to another country will always be a challenging task, particularly if you don’t have the support of family with you. However, it is possible to bring your loved ones under one the family stream visas.
There are a number of types of family visas, including:*
- Partner Visas: There are difference streams of partner visas, depending on whether an applicant is lodging the application from inside or outside Australia;
- Prospective Marriage Visa: A person makes this application on the basis of marrying their partner within 9 months of the visa being granted;
- Child Visas: allows children (under the age of 25) of Australian citizens, permanent residents, and eligible New Zealand citizens to immigration to Australia. Stepchildren and adopted children are also eligible;
- Contributory Parent Visas: Allowing parents of Australian citizens, permanent residents, and eligible New Zealand citizens to immigrate to Australia. Whether they are granted temporary residence or permanent residence will be dependent upon the visa subclass they apply for;
- Remaining Relative Visas: Allows a person to live in Australia permanently if all of their only near relatives are living in Australia.
- Carer Visas: Allows a person to immigrate and live permanently in Australia if their Australian citizen/Permanent Resident/Eligible New Zealand Citizen needs assistance due to a long term or permanent medical condition
*Readers should note that the above list is a summary of these visas only and each visa subclass has its own requirements which an applicant must meet.
5 year temporary sponsored visa for parents
The Government announced on the 5th of May, 2017, that it would introduce a temporary sponsored parent visa during the 2017-18 Migration Programme year. The introduction of this visa would be at the end of 2017, dependent on the passage of the Migration Amendment (Family Violence and other Measures) Bill 2016. This temporary visa would allow parents to stay in Australia with their Australian children for longer periods of time, while decreasing the burden additionally placed on Australia’s health care system.
This visa can be granted for 3 or 5 years. You can apply for, and be granted this visa more than once, however the maximum stay is 10 years in total.
How can Immigration Solutions Lawyers help?
Here at Immigration Solutions Lawyers, we pride ourselves in providing expert, specialised advice. We understand how important having your family to support you in a foreign country is, so don’t compromise on your happiness. Here at Immigration Solutions Lawyers, we understand that your success is our success.
Therefore, if you require any assistance in applying for, understanding, or appealing a family visa application, contact us on 1300 428 472 or on our contact page.