Unlawful non-citizens also have a chanceSeptember 27, 2021 - Unreported Cases
The Applicant and the Sponsor are now married for over five years. They have bought land and built a marital home. Furthermore, they have had two children from this marriage – one of the children has an intellectually disability.
Despite this, the Applicant was unlawful for 16 years when the couple came to us.
Through ISL work, our client is now lawful in Australia, has been granted work rights and his partner visa application will be shortly decided.
The above case shows us that it is possible for someone who has been unlawful for 16 years to obtain a lawful status in Australia and to gain work rights.
Originally posted on January 22, 2013 @ 1:00 pm
- Administrative Appeals Tribunal
- Business Visas/Skilled Work Visas
- Carer Visa
- Character Cases
- Compelling Circumstances
- Family Violence
- Federal Court Cases
- Illegal Overstayer
- Migration Review Tribunal
- Ministerial Intervention
- Partner Visas - 300 Offshore Prospective Marriage
- Partner Visas - 309 Offshore Spouse
- Partner Visas - 820 Onshore Spouse & De Facto Relationship
- Protection Visa
- Resident Return Visa
- Schedule 3
- Skills Assessment
- Visitor Visas
- Waiver of No Further Stay Condition